Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Extracing data from webpage

Extracing data from webpage

srinivasan srinivas

Hi,
I am trying to download data from a webpage. I use mechanize python module.
Could someone tell me how to set/pass an agent*like Mozilla or IE that we do in perl's WWW::Mechanize??

Thanks,
Srini

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/

Uwe Schmitt

On 11 Sep., 11:55, srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to download data from a webpage. I use mechanize python module.
> Could someone tell me how to set/pass an agent*like Mozilla or IE that we do in perl's WWW::Mechanize??
>
> Thanks,
> Srini

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/doc.html

Greetings, Uwe

Alex

On Sep 11, 11:55*am, srinivasan srinivas <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to download data from a webpage. I use mechanize python module.
> Could someone tell me how to set/pass an agent*like Mozilla or IE that we do in perl's WWW::Mechanize??
>
> Thanks,
> Srini
>
> * * * Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go tohttp://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/

If you have to parse a web page, this could be also useful:
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/