Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How to remove the white background in photos?

Re: How to remove the white background in photos?

Llanzlan Klazmon

On Sep 11, 10:35*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello, I have removed the 'surround'of some photos of my Grandaughter
> using Photoshop. I set the 'background to be white.
> When I try to set up a collage of 4 pictures I get the white
> background showing up and can't bring the photos close.
> Is there a simple way to remove the backgrounds which are now white?
> This would allow me to place the photos closer to one another.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Allen

There are lots of tutorials that explain the various ways of doing
this. One of these examples might suit or just google for "removing
backgrounds in photoshop".

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...emovebackg.htm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

>>There are lots of tutorials that explain the various ways of doing
>>this. One of these examples might suit or just google for "removing
>>backgrounds in photoshop".
>>
>>http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...emovebackg.htm

>Thank you very much for the information Llazlan, I visited the
>web-site and will go back a few times to learn some more, Thanks!
>
>Actually, I had removed the background and I had saved the files as
>jpg's...... would not allow me to place 6 photos (2 lines of 3) onto
>my 10 x 8 template. They just came up with the (now) white background.

1) when editing your pix use the TIFF format, when your done you can
then save it in the JPG format.

2) Open your layers window and make sure you can view each layer (each
pix you add becomes a layer). - You will need to flatten your work
when your done to save as a JPG.
--

Free Credit Report you see on T.V. is a scam as we all know.
Here is a truly free credit report, it will ask for your SSN