Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Part of form already filled in, is this possible

Part of form already filled in, is this possible

smk17

I've spent the last few minutes searching for this question and I
found an answer, but it wasn't quite what the client wanted.

I have a simple online form where the user needs to fill out five
fields out of nine. The other four are already there and filled out
for the user. When they hit submit, all data is sent to us.

But, if they desire (for whatever reason) the user can possibly delete
what is already there and fill in something else. We do not want that.

Is there a way to have that info already filled in and untouchable? I
thought about having it type="hidden" but I think the client wants the
user to be able to see it.

The test page example is here: http://gmptraining.aem.cornell.edu/i...al/back-05.htm

Thanks
Steve

Sherm Pendley

smk17 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I've spent the last few minutes searching for this question

.... and then the next couple of hours repeating it endlessly on every
group in sight.

*plonk*

sherm--

--
My blog: http://shermspace.blogspot.com

Jonathan N. Little

smk17 wrote:
> I've spent the last few minutes searching for this question and I
> found an answer, but it wasn't quite what the client wanted.

> The test page example is here: http://gmptraining.aem.cornell.edu/i...al/back-05.htm

No solution at all. Don't believe me?

Check your gmp_international_wiretransfer_form.txt file.

Don't want values you already know to be change in a user form? Then
DON'T put them in the form to be transmitted and keep them on the server
where they can not be manipulated. Nothing stopping you from informing
the user of the info as plain text though.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO