Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

whosbest54

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, trucker@trucker
says...

>In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1, with
>firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
>passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
>handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
>enabled.
>
>Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
>connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

Based on your setup, it is extremely unlikely that an outsider is
freeloading.

Log onto your router's setup web page and see if there is a place where you
can see a network client list. Several of the Linksys routers have that.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html