Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

Re: Freeloaders on wireless network & internet connection?

Dan C

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:52:54 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:

> In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1, with
> firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
> passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
> handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
> enabled.
>
> Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
> connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

Yes.

Blinky the Shark

The Wheel Man wrote:

> "Dan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:52:54 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:
>>
>>> In my home office, I've got a Linksys WRT545GS wireless router, v. 1,
>>> with
>>> firmware 4.71.1 set to WPA AES security with a very strong and long
>>> passphrase (I know, should use WPA2 but some of my wireless devices can't
>>> handle that). The SSID is changed and not broadcasting and MAC filter
>>> enabled.
>>>
>>> Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
>>> connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

>> Yes.
>>

>> --
>> "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
>> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
>>

> Thank you for the sophomoric response. Would you have any useful information
> to share-- or are you just a sarcastic wiseass who manages to alienate
> everyone he meets?

He answered your question. Perhaps you asked the wrong one.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Dan C

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:40:41 -0400, The Wheel Man wrote:

>>> Can I tell if an outsider is using my wireless network and internet
>>> connection-- or is trying/ has tried to?

>> Yes.

> Thank you for the sophomoric response. Would you have any useful
> information to share-- or are you just a sarcastic wiseass who manages
> to alienate everyone he meets?

Others have already said it, so I'll be brief in repetition... I answered
the ****ing question you asked. If you had wanted some other answer, you
should have asked a different ****ing question.

Now bugger off, dimwit.