Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't get it up...wireless sharing

Can't get it up...wireless sharing

=?Utf-8?B?bWFya3U=?=

Hi - I just moved and reset my network. Both computers are wireless and can
access mail and the internet. I created a workgroup which they both seem to
be members of. I can't get to shared files....I get a error message saying
the admin had not issued permissions to access these resources. I'm the admin
on both machines...I worked in the last house. Help???

Carl DaVault [MSFT]

Are you using XP home/pro? have non-blank passwords? Does net view
\\machinename or \\ipaddress work?

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

"marku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - I just moved and reset my network. Both computers are wireless and
> can
> access mail and the internet. I created a workgroup which they both seem
> be members of. I can't get to shared files....I get a error message saying
> the admin had not issued permissions to access these resources. I'm the
> admin
> on both machines...I worked in the last house. Help???

=?Utf-8?B?bWFya3U=?=

xp...no doesn;t seem to work.

"Carl DaVault [MSFT]" wrote:

> Are you using XP home/pro? have non-blank passwords? Does net view
> \\machinename or \\ipaddress work?
>
> --
> Standard Disclaimers -
> and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
> to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
>

> "marku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi - I just moved and reset my network. Both computers are wireless and
> > can
> > access mail and the internet. I created a workgroup which they both seem
> > be members of. I can't get to shared files....I get a error message saying
> > the admin had not issued permissions to access these resources. I'm the
> > admin
> > on both machines...I worked in the last house. Help???

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iR29tZXJzYWxs?=

Hi,
I am having similarproblems with a WiFi network. Main system is XP Pro SP2
connected to ADSL router / cable internet link, with WEP enabled. Other
systems are XP home. Same work group on all machines. Machines visible at
each other. Passwords not set on any system (yet) - does that make a
difference?

Main machine can access shared folders on others; others cannot log in to
the main system. "Net view" on main of another shows access to
'SharedDocs'with paramters Disk and (UNC). "Net view" on main of itself has
shared folders marked Disk but not (UNC) - why is the (UNC) qualifier
present? "Net view" for the main machine from one of the others gives
messages "System error 5 has occurred." and "Access is denied". Lookup of
this message is of no help (I would have liked to know WHAT access to WHAT is
denied, WHY and HOW to correct it).

"Carl DaVault [MSFT]" wrote:

> Are you using XP home/pro? have non-blank passwords? Does net view
> \\machinename or \\ipaddress work?
>
> --
> Standard Disclaimers -
> and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
> to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
>

> "marku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi - I just moved and reset my network. Both computers are wireless and
> > can
> > access mail and the internet. I created a workgroup which they both seem
> > be members of. I can't get to shared files....I get a error message saying
> > the admin had not issued permissions to access these resources. I'm the
> > admin
> > on both machines...I worked in the last house. Help???

Quaoar

start here: http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.htm