Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ihug/Vodafone up to their old tricks again?

Ihug/Vodafone up to their old tricks again?

None

Hi all,

Over the past few days I have been experiencing problems with Web sites
accessed via Ihug. Has anyone else noticed any problems?

Specifically, some Web requests are coming back with the following error:

---

Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)

Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned
by server.
This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content
encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

---

I also noticed this evening that www.whatismyip.org returned an
incorrect IP address (another Ihug address).

Looks like Ihug/Vodafone is using a transparent proxy again. FFS, when
will they learn???

- ****ed off Ihug user.

Rhino

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:54:02 +1200, None <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Over the past few days I have been experiencing problems with Web sites
>accessed via Ihug. Has anyone else noticed any problems?
>
>Specifically, some Web requests are coming back with the following error:
>
>---
>
> Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)
>
> Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned
>by server.
> This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content
>encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.
>
> For assistance, contact your network support team.
>
>---
>
>I also noticed this evening that www.whatismyip.org returned an
>incorrect IP address (another Ihug address).
>
>Looks like Ihug/Vodafone is using a transparent proxy again. FFS, when
>will they learn???
>
>- ****ed off Ihug user.

Returned the correct ip here and I have not seen the content encoding
error that you mentioned from any sites.