Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Default gateway based on interface IP?

Default gateway based on interface IP?

Rodre

Hello,

Pardon me for any indiscretions, this is my first time posting to this
group. I have a Cisco 1720 router with IOS12.3(26) . It's Outside
interface has a Primary IP from one carrier, and a Secondary IP from
another carrier. I have it filtering and NAT-ing SMTP traffic for our
email server which sits in RFC 1918 address space behind it. I have
it's primary IP address published in our DNS as the primary MX record.
I would like to publish it's secondary IP in our DNS as the backup MX
record. The problem is that ISP 'A' won't route packets with the IP
address from ISP 'B' (secondary IP) and visa versa. I am guessing that
they both have egress filtering turned on and are silently dropping
packets that are not part of their address space. My question is:

How can I have packets destined for the Primary IP be routed back
through ISP 'A's default gateway, and have packets destined for the
Secondary IP be routed back through ISP 'B's default gateway? Is this
possible? If so what would the NAT rules look like as well?

Thanks in advance.

~Rodre