Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 802.1x Supplicant

802.1x Supplicant

Ram Nayak

How do I disable the XP 802.1x supplicant permanently?

I uncheck the box "Enable network access control using IEEE 802.1X" but when
I reboot, this box is checked again.

I am using my own supplicant and I don't want the XP supplciant to initiate
any
sessions.

Is there any way to permanently disable or block it?

Thanks,

...Ram

Oliver Saal [MS]

It's strange that your client re-enables the 802.1x checkbox on restarts.
What supplicant are you using in the place of the Microsoft one? You could
disable the Microsoft supplicant by stopping the WZCSVC service (net stop
wzcsvc). To stop the service across reboots, I would change it's startup
type to manual through services.msc (Start->Run->services.msc).

Specifically regarding the checkbox, I'm not certain about this but have you
tried monitoring the registry to see if there is a change when you
check/uncheck the "Enable network access control using 802.1x"? I did a 2min
search on support.microsoft.com for something along these lines but found
little other than the UI approach. There are several utilities to monitor
registry calls (regmon for example).

--
Oliver
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

news:(E-Mail Removed)...