Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Read and write binary data

Read and write binary data

Mars creature

Hi guys,
I am new to Python, and thinking about migrating to it from matlab
as it is a really cool language. Right now, I am trying to figure out
how to control read and write binary data, like
'formatted','stream','big-endian','little-edian' etc.. as in fortran.
I googled, but can not find a clear answer. Anyone has clue where can
I learn it? Thanks!!
Jinbo

Patrick Maupin

On Sep 7, 5:41*pm, Mars creature <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> * I am new to Python, and thinking about migrating to it from matlab
> as it is a really cool language. Right now, I am trying to figure out
> how to control read and write binary data, like
> 'formatted','stream','big-endian','little-edian' etc.. as in fortran.
> I googled, but can not find a clear answer. Anyone has clue where can
> I learn it? Thanks!!
> Jinbo

Start by looking at the array module.

Regards,
Pat

Mars creature

On Sep 7, 8:55 pm, Patrick Maupin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 5:41 pm, Mars creature <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > I am new to Python, and thinking about migrating to it from matlab
> > as it is a really cool language. Right now, I am trying to figure out
> > how to control read and write binary data, like
> > 'formatted','stream','big-endian','little-edian' etc.. as in fortran.
> > I googled, but can not find a clear answer. Anyone has clue where can
> > I learn it? Thanks!!
> > Jinbo

> Start by looking at the array module.
>
> Regards,
> Pat

Thanks!!

Mars creature

On Sep 7, 8:55 pm, Patrick Maupin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 5:41 pm, Mars creature <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > I am new to Python, and thinking about migrating to it from matlab
> > as it is a really cool language. Right now, I am trying to figure out
> > how to control read and write binary data, like
> > 'formatted','stream','big-endian','little-edian' etc.. as in fortran.
> > I googled, but can not find a clear answer. Anyone has clue where can
> > I learn it? Thanks!!
> > Jinbo

> Start by looking at the array module.
>
> Regards,
> Pat

Thanks!!

Mohamed Yousef

I don't know if this is going to help you
but a free&open alternative to Matlap is FreeMat just search for it

Michael Palmer

On Sep 7, 6:41 pm, Mars creature <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am new to Python, and thinking about migrating to it from matlab
> as it is a really cool language. Right now, I am trying to figure out
> how to control read and write binary data, like
> 'formatted','stream','big-endian','little-edian' etc.. as in fortran.
> I googled, but can not find a clear answer. Anyone has clue where can
> I learn it? Thanks!!
> Jinbo

the struct module should be useful