Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > good scanner that fits legal or larger, support for Win XP?

good scanner that fits legal or larger, support for Win XP?

Mad Scientist Jr

I'm looking for a good scanner that handles legal documents, with
solid support under Windows XP.

I would be using this to preserve old photos as well as paper
documents, so image quality is important.

Also, if one exists and is somewhat affordable, I'd like something
that can handle larger sizes, 12" wide or more (ie for scanning LP
covers). This is more a "nice to have" feature but I'd be curious
what's out there.

Any recommendations appreciated... Thanks

Pat

On Sep 7, 9:46*am, Mad Scientist Jr <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I'm looking for a good scanner that handles legal documents, with
> solid support under Windows XP.
>
> I would be using this to preserve old photos as well as paper
> documents, so image quality is important.
>
> Also, if one exists and is somewhat affordable, I'd like something
> that can handle larger sizes, 12" wide or more (ie for scanning LP
> covers). This is more a "nice to have" feature but I'd be curious
> what's out there.
>
> Any recommendations appreciated... Thanks

Go to a photocopier sales company and ask them to track down a used
photocopies that's in your price range. They just throw out most used
ones but they generally have some mileage left on them.

I just picked up a better-than-average one for a slightly higher price
(I use it for work, too). It goes on the network and will scan right
to your hard drive. It scans at 50 ppm. It'll handle up to 11x17.

Scan quality is excellent.

Mine is a Gestetner, which is a rebranded Ricoh or something.