Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Natural water

Natural water

MJK

From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

MJK

>> From Provence
>> http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

> Nice detail.
> Looks like this one from Lucerne (not a great shot):
> http://edgehill.net/Overseas/1997-europe/pg1pc5
> Better one from Kyoto:
> http://edgehill.net/Overseas/pg1pc2
> Paul Furman

Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?

MJK

MJK wrote:
>>> From Provence
>>> http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

>> Nice detail.

> Thank you!
> In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
> you love architecture is not it?

Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

tony cooper

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Paul Furman wrote:

>>> Thank you!
>>> In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
>>> you love architecture is not it?

>> Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.
>>

>I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
>Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
>sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
>not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
>Brett would have wanted to play on them.
>Allen

One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Paul Furman

tony cooper wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Paul Furman wrote:
>>> Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.
>>>

>> I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
>> Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
>> sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
>> not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
>> Brett would have wanted to play on them.
>> Allen

> One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
> like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
landscaping with native plants.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

MJK

>> From Provence
>> http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html
>> Nice detail.
>> Thank you!
>> In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!

> Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
> landscaping with native plants.
> Paul Furman

Provence is not as desert that California !!!!!