Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xnet

Tilly

Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

Gordon

On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.

See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
example.

Tilly

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
>> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
>> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
>>

> Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
>
> See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
> example.

There was a fire?

Evidence?

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Tilly

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
>> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
>> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
>>

> Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
>
> See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
> example.

Up again now.
There was no fire.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Jasen Betts

On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

seems to be back up now.
I've not checked their status page.

I tried to revert to dialup, but found I had uninstalled PPP
fun all round

Bye.
Jasen

Jasen Betts

On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2008-09-07, Tilly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
>>> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
>>> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
>>>

>> Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
>>
>> See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
>> example.

> Up again now.
> There was no fire.

yeah.

-- quote http://www.xnet.co.nz/cgi-bin/status.cgi?id=396

Network Status Report....

This area details any issues that are currently present on the network:

Type: unscheduled

Subject: Power Outage

Begin: 2008-09-07 13:25:00

End: No ETA
Body:

There was a major power problem with the supply to the Auckland
Exchange at 13.28 this afternoon and emergency services were called ,
the building was required to be evacuated and due to the emergency
services being on site we also needed to confirm that the power
facilities were determined to be in a safe condition before service
restoration procedures could begin.

The majority of Services were restored at 15:00, work is ongoing to
restore the remaining services.

Last Updated: 2008-09-07 17:32:04
Further Network Issues

------