Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > yahoo / firefox 3 upgrade ?

yahoo / firefox 3 upgrade ?

Christie

Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.

Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about recommended
changes, same with Microsoft ones.

Joe J.

"Christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sdxwk.9320$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
>
> Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about
> recommended changes, same with Microsoft ones.

I've been using it for a month now w/o any problems.

Joe J.

Joe J.

"Christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sdxwk.9320$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
>
> Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about
> recommended changes, same with Microsoft ones.

I've been using it for a month now w/o any problems.

Joe J.

Jeff Strickland

"Christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sdxwk.9320$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
>
> Any comments on if one should do this? I'm always leary about
> recommended changes, same with Microsoft ones.

I used FireFox for about a week, and uninstalled it. One thing I discovered
very early is that it is a Netscape interface, and I had trouble with some
of the Web sites I visit. I don't remember which site it was, but it gave an
error that said it does not support Netscape. I had other issues too, so I
uninstalled and went back to IE.

sandy58

On Sep 6, 4:21*pm, "Christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
>
> Any comments on if one should do this? * I'm always leary about recommended
> changes, same with Microsoft ones.

Don't. I did & it's too much trouble. New "ass-about-face" bookmarking
system. Comes up with a "Safe Mode" whatever for no apparent reason,
gives the option of saving/changing settings and regardless of what
one does........you lose.......like all your bookmarks, settings
whatever.
Older version wins.

sandy58

On Sep 6, 4:21*pm, "Christie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yahoo is recommending people upgrade to Firefox 3.
>
> Any comments on if one should do this? * I'm always leary about recommended
> changes, same with Microsoft ones.

Don't. I did & it's too much trouble. New "ass-about-face" bookmarking
system. Comes up with a "Safe Mode" whatever for no apparent reason,
gives the option of saving/changing settings and regardless of what
one does........you lose.......like all your bookmarks, settings
whatever.
Older version wins.

saycheez

I like Firefox 3 when it works.
Because Firefox does not allow Active X it is technically safer than IE7.
Of course some proprietary sites require Active X in order to access their
content making FF3 useless. However for most users this is not an issue and
they are probably safer for general web surfing with FF3.
Although FF3 has been lauded for its stability in the computer media I am
sad to say they lie. What a shock!
I have found FF3 to be unstable on several Vista installations with constant
freezing and occasional total system lock-ups. This includes a brand new
Centrino2 notebook that is otherwise amazingly fast although saddled with
the abomination that is Vista as its OS. FF3 was so bad I had to uninstall
it.