Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Video Tape to DVD

Video Tape to DVD

neeridge@gmail.com

I have just bought a Philips DVP3350V Philips DVD-Payer/Videorecorder.

It says:

Direct Dubbing: for easy transfer of videos from DVD to VCR.

What I want is to transfer old video tapes into DVD format.

Is it possible with this machine?

Thanks

Netmask

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just bought a Philips DVP3350V Philips DVD-Payer/Videorecorder.
>
> It says:
>
> Direct Dubbing: for easy transfer of videos from DVD to VCR.
>
> What I want is to transfer old video tapes into DVD format.
>
> Is it possible with this machine?
>
> Thanks

No you can't - this model is a DVD player (not a DVD recorder) with a VCR in
the same cabinet.
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Philips_DVP335...#productdetail

You need a DVD recorder or a USB video capture card something like this
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...720&CatId=1428
and then you could transfer your tapes to the computer to make a DVD - a
much better solution and cheaper.