Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > [IOS] (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M V 12.4) cannot reload at x:y !

[IOS] (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M V 12.4) cannot reload at x:y !

dominix

Hi all.

I've got an error when I issue :

Router4#reload at 19:00
%The date and time must be set first.

I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
error.
however time is set :
sh clock
*16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008

it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
and a half.
what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)

see ya.

Dx

News Reader

dominix wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've got an error when I issue :
>
> Router4#reload at 19:00
> %The date and time must be set first.
>

> I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
> error.
> however time is set :
> sh clock
> *16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008
>
> it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
> and a half.
> what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)
>
> see ya.
>
> Dx

Are you using NTP, and was the clock not synchronized at the time you
executed the command?

The asterisk (*) preceding the time "likely" indicates that the clock
was not synchronized with its upstream time source when you issued the
command.

Prior to synchronization, I see an asterisk preceding the time in syslog
messages, so I assume the same meaning is attributed to the command
output you've provided.

Best Regards,
News Reader

News Reader

On 6 sep, 05:56, News Reader <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> dominix wrote:
> > Hi all.

> > I've got an error when I issue :

> > Router4#reload at 19:00
> > %The date and time must be set first.

> > I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
> > error.
> > however time is set :
> > sh clock
> > *16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008

> > it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
> > and a half.
> > what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)

> > see ya.

> > Dx

> Are you using NTP, and was the clock not synchronized at the time you
> executed the command?
>
> The asterisk (*) preceding the time "likely" indicates that the clock
> was not synchronized with its upstream time source when you issued the
> command.
>
> Prior to synchronization, I see an asterisk preceding the time in syslog
> messages, so I assume the same meaning is attributed to the command
> output you've provided.
>
> Best Regards,
> News Reader

mmm, I'll check that ASAP, thanks