Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Rechargeable AA's that keep the charge when on the shelf?

Re: Rechargeable AA's that keep the charge when on the shelf?

Blinky the Shark

DudeBoyz wrote:

> Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
> batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
> the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
> a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
> rechargeables.
>
> But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
> to be purchased.

Google the keyword eneloop

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Mark Thomas

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> DudeBoyz wrote:
>
>> Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
>> batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
>> the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
>> a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
>> rechargeables.
>>
>> But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
>> to be purchased.

> Google the keyword eneloop

or 'hybrid'

Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:12:32 +1000, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> DudeBoyz wrote:
>>
>>> Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
>>> batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
>>> the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
>>> a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
>>> rechargeables.
>>>
>>> But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
>>> to be purchased.

>> Google the keyword eneloop
>>

> or 'hybrid'

Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
references -- to name just a few.

Mark Thomas

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:12:32 +1000, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> Google the keyword eneloop
>>>

>> or 'hybrid'

> Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
> references -- to name just a few.

Not?

Not obvious to combine search with 'battery'?

Perhaps it wasn't to some.

Too curt am I.

Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 03:20:28 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Allodoxaphobia wrote:

>>> or 'hybrid'

>> Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
>> references -- to name just a few.

> One might add 'batteries' to the search, just to narrow the results to
> something less than billions.

One might have, if one was pretending to offer useful help, be
constructive, concise, and complete.