Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Comparing Data

Comparing Data

IcePirate IcePirate is offline
Junior Member

Im working on a project that requires I VB code which Ive developed already, but this is how it works:

We have 12 digit inventory numbers...There is one workbook and three sheets inside of it - sheet1 column A there is 2,000 lines of numbers; in sheet2, column A there is 30,000 lines of numbers. So on sheet three, I want to run a VB Script that takes the numbers from sheet1 and lists them in column A on sheet3, then I want the script to compare the 2,000 lines from sheet1, compare them to sheet2 to the 30,000 lines and in sheet 3, column A I want to display the numbers that are in both sheets, and not display the the numbers that aren't there...

Or I would like the numbers in sheet1 to display in sheet3 with a yes, or no beside them (yes - meaning the number is in both sheets, no meaning the number is not there)

Here is the full script any suggestions? (The script is currently not working)
Code:
Sub DupNumbers()
Dim LR1, LR2, LR3 As Integer
Dim x As Range
Dim yesno As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
LR1 = Sheets(1).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
LR2 = Sheets(2).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
LR3 = Sheets(3).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Sheets(1).Select
For Each x In Range("A" & LR1)
    If IsError(Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(x, Sheets(2).Range("A1:A" & LR2), 0)) Then
        yesno = "No"
    Else
        yesno = "Yes"
    End If
    Sheets(3).Select
    LR3 = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1
    Range("A" & LR3).Value = x.Value
    Range("B" & LR3).Value = yesno
Next x
Application.ScreenUpdating = True