Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > alert messages and deleting a datagrid row.

alert messages and deleting a datagrid row.

Lauchlan M

Hi.

I have a delete column in an ASP.NET grid ie, users click on delete and it
deletes a row.

It currently has no confirmation dialog

ie it just goes ahead and deletes it.

I would like to add a confirmation dialog ("Are you sure you want to delete
this X? This operation is permanent and cannot be undone.")

I would like this alert to be done as a Javascript popup if their level of
browser is up to it, and to have the page posted back with this message if
their browser does not have javascript (eg PDA's).

Any suggestions for the best way to go?

Thanks!

Lauchlan M

Craig Deelsnyder

most of the answer is in the second page of this article:

Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

"Lauchlan M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oe%23qS%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I have a delete column in an ASP.NET grid ie, users click on delete and it
> deletes a row.
>
> It currently has no confirmation dialog
>
> ie it just goes ahead and deletes it.
>
> I would like to add a confirmation dialog ("Are you sure you want to

delete
> this X? This operation is permanent and cannot be undone.")
>
> I would like this alert to be done as a Javascript popup if their level of
> browser is up to it, and to have the page posted back with this message if
> their browser does not have javascript (eg PDA's).
>
> Any suggestions for the best way to go?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lauchlan M

Lauchlan M

> most of the answer is in the second page of this article:

Hi Craig.

This covers the JS popup but not the fallback on the server side repost if
the browser does not have JS enabled.

Any ideas there?

Thx

lauchlan M