Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Multiple urls, one web site

Multiple urls, one web site

Fan924

I have a single web site and am going to have several different web
address pointed at it. They will all share the same index.htm file.
Example urls.
www.example_one.com
www.example_two.com
www.example_three.com
I would like the index.htm to display a different look depending on
the url being used. Or, branch to a different html file for each of
the urls being used. Possible? TIA

Jukka K. Korpela

Fan924 wrote:

> I have a single web site and am going to have several different web
> address pointed at it.

The point being...?

> They will all share the same index.htm file.

Which "they"? Didn't you say you have a signle site

> Example urls.
> www.example_one.com
> www.example_two.com
> www.example_three.com

Poor example URLs, since thet are not guaranteed to be nonexistent. Use
one.example.com instead, for example (pun intended).

> I would like the index.htm to display a different look depending on
> the url being used.

Didn't you say you they are share the same index.htm file? Oh well, it _is_
technically possible to make it appear differently, if it refers to a CSS
file that is server-generated and actually looks at the server name
(ultimately, the Host header). But what's the point?

> Or, branch to a different html file for each of
> the urls being used. Possible? TIA

So you want different sites, really? Then you just need your server-side
code to check for the Host header. Further information cannot be given,
since you gave for further facts (well, really no facts).

Yucca