Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Bookmarks Problem

Re: Bookmarks Problem

letterman@invalid.com

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:26:06 -0400, "Barry Karas"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>1. I had Firefox 2.0. The bookmarks worked just fine.
>
>2. My personal computer (Windows XP Home operating system) crashed.
>
>3. The computer was restarted.
>
>4. The Firefox bookimarks only went through C -- not A through Z like
>before.
>
>5. I temporarily bookmarked items under the folder, "Bookmarks".
>
>5. I updated to version 3, hoping that all of my bookmarks would be
>restored.
>
>7. Not only were the bookmarks not restored, Firefox 3 does not allow me to
>bookmark in ANY folder that I used.
>
>How can I fix this bookmarks problem?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Barry Karas

Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark
folder, then just copy it to a backup device or another folder on your
harddrive. I dont care much for IE, but I like the IE bookmarks much
better. If there is something I really want to save, I just copy the
url to IE and then I bookmark it.

Timo Salmi

> "Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> How can I fix this bookmarks problem?

> Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
> never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
> up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark

Another option is to write a links page of one's own. Can be done fairly
easily with any text editor. One does not need to have a host site, of
course. The link's page can be stored on one's PC locally in a suitable,
safe folder.

Personally I use both bookmarks (backupped) and a couple of dedicated
link pages.

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FI-65101, Finland
Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

letterman@invalid.com

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:17:35 +0300, Timo Salmi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> "Barry Karas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> How can I fix this bookmarks problem?

>> Firefox has always had problems with bookmarks. I like FF, but I have
>> never liked or trusted their bookmarks. Your best bet is to back them
>> up every few days or sooner. Create a shortcut to the bookmark

>Another option is to write a links page of one's own. Can be done fairly
>easily with any text editor. One does not need to have a host site, of
>course. The link's page can be stored on one's PC locally in a suitable,
>safe folder.
>
>Personally I use both bookmarks (backupped) and a couple of dedicated
>link pages.
>
> All the best, Timo

I often copy the url to the desktop using the icon drag method. Then
I move them into a special folder on my desktop, which has sub-folders
according to the category. Just another method that works......