Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > SP3 gives "not valid windows image" plz hlp

SP3 gives "not valid windows image" plz hlp

Dallaslites

After download of sp3 for xp, my comp acts like it has a trojan with the
following message at start-up.application or DLL C:\windows\IME\sptip.dll
si not a valad windows image. header---ctfmon.exe-Bad Image

Can someone tell me what this is and what I should do???? desparate...Thx
in advance

rosebud512

Having the same problem -- Actually, it happens with a different file name
listed every time I open a Microsoft program (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc., and
Internet Explorer is completely not working) and for some reason my AntiVirus
control screen won't open anymore -- not sure if that's related.

Other dll files that have been flagged as 'not a valid Windows image' --

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shfolder.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TAPI32.dll

I also get C++ or Visual Basic errors 'error in loading dll'

Attempted to 'repair or detect [whatever the option is]' with Word 2003, but
it said that Windows had locked access to the dll file that was needed (MAPI,
I believe?)

Please help . . .