Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to call Jscript or VBscript function in sub ?

How to call Jscript or VBscript function in sub ?

THY

Hi,

I need to know how can I call JavaScript or VBscript function from a sub ...
so I can display a pop-up when a sub is executed ...

thanks

Kevin Spencer

You can't display a client-side popup when a server-side Sub is executed.
However, you CAN add a client-side script to the page which will execute
when the page reaches the browser. Use Page.RegisterStartupScript to do it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
The more I learn, the less I know.

"THY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oio$w$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I need to know how can I call JavaScript or VBscript function from a sub

> so I can display a pop-up when a sub is executed ...
>
> thanks

THY

not that clear about Page.RegisterStartupScript ... do you have any short
example for this ?

news:uq1w$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can't display a client-side popup when a server-side Sub is executed.
> However, you CAN add a client-side script to the page which will execute
> when the page reaches the browser. Use Page.RegisterStartupScript to do

it.

> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> The more I learn, the less I know.
>
> "THY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Oio$w$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to know how can I call JavaScript or VBscript function from a sub

> > so I can display a pop-up when a sub is executed ...
> >
> > thanks

S. Justin Gengo

THY,

I have an example that is similar on my website, www.aboutfortunate.com. You
can make the <body> tag of the page into a server control and then add the
popup code to that. You can find the example easily by going to the code
library on the site and searching for: "body tag as server control" or
something similar.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP