Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > guys i need your helpful minds...

guys i need your helpful minds...

duanne

guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
without a print server...

-there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...

thanks in advance...

CBIC

"duanne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
> without a print server...
>
> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
>
> thanks in advance...

do your own homework

John R

"duanne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
> without a print server...
>
> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
>
> thanks in advance...

1. People might print directly to their printers.
2. People might choose to not print and save a tree.
3. People might print to other networks.
4. People might print to files on their local desktops.
5. There might be less network traffic.
6. The govt. might actually explain what happens in Area 51
7. The winning lottery numbers might come to you in a dream
8. Your high school girl friend might find you and give you bad news
9. Bob Saget might win an emmy
10. The Surgeon General might determine that smoking is good for you
11. The Earth might shift on it's axis
12. Hilary might run as a third party candidate
13. Ford might actually make a dependable long-lasting car
14. Your glasses might loose their rose color
15. The middle east might drop the price of oil
16. Microsoft might buy Apple
17. Flav-o-Flav might play at your birthday party

Ummm... How many items did you need?

John R

LRM

"duanne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
> without a print server...
>
> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
>
> thanks in advance...

Sure I can answer this:
1. Users complain incessantly about not being able to print.
2. Management explains to user community that they are going to be green and
go paperless.
3. The users mutiny and buy personal HP printers and install locally with
stupid HP software that is the most invasive and annoying spyware known to
Windows.
4. The users descend on the help desk complaining about how slow the network
is.
5. The IT department begins wearing protective gear to work and barricading
themselves in the data center because the users refuse to uninstall the HP
software causing al the slowness.....
6. The company spends $50k a year in inkjet cartridges.
7. Management begins to see IT as a black hole that money slips into and
begins to outsource it.

HTH

dino kwang yang

ys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network

20 people will ask you about the print server.
you dont have to buy paper.

Kline Sphere

>guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
>without a print server

yes, everyone starts fcuking each other.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Dude

Your company must be too cheap to buy a server. I used to work for a company
like that, then I got laid off. You can still share printers in XP. A
shared local printer in a workgroup is sort of like having a print server.
But seriously, why can't you just start the Print Spooler service on one of
your existing servers and change startup to Automatic. Then you could add
network printers to it and share them.

"duanne" wrote:

> guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
> without a print server...
>
> -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
>
> thanks in advance...

Hollywood0728

I am thinking that Number 13 is far fetched!!

"John R" wrote:

> "duanne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > guys can you please help me to list things that might happen in a network
> > without a print server...
> >
> > -there are 20 clients devided into 4 departments...
> >
> > thanks in advance...

> 1. People might print directly to their printers.
> 2. People might choose to not print and save a tree.
> 3. People might print to other networks.
> 4. People might print to files on their local desktops.
> 5. There might be less network traffic.
> 6. The govt. might actually explain what happens in Area 51
> 7. The winning lottery numbers might come to you in a dream
> 8. Your high school girl friend might find you and give you bad news
> 9. Bob Saget might win an emmy
> 10. The Surgeon General might determine that smoking is good for you
> 11. The Earth might shift on it's axis
> 12. Hilary might run as a third party candidate
> 13. Ford might actually make a dependable long-lasting car
> 14. Your glasses might loose their rose color
> 15. The middle east might drop the price of oil
> 16. Microsoft might buy Apple
> 17. Flav-o-Flav might play at your birthday party
>
> Ummm... How many items did you need?
>
> John R

Bill Hileman

Hollywood0728 wrote:
> I am thinking that Number 13 is far fetched!!

If you throw me far enough...

Bill "Frisbee" Hileman, MCNGP #13