Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > installing matplotlib with numpy and scipy for Python in Cygwin

Reply
Thread Tools

installing matplotlib with numpy and scipy for Python in Cygwin

 
 
chapagainanish
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2008
Hi!!
I'm having installation problem for installing numpy and scipy in
Cygwin for Python, and am obstruct in madway for project, i followed
scipy.org guidelines but there's few error thrown as
failed..with exit status 1

please if someone has installed these module help me
thank's and regard's
Anish


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Uwe Schmitt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2008
On 3 Sep., 11:42, "chapagainanish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi!!
> I'm having installation problem for installing numpy and scipy in
> Cygwin for Python, and am obstruct in madway for project, i followed
> scipy.org guidelines but there's few error thrown as
> * * * * failed..with exit status 1
>
> please if someone has installed these module help me
> thank's and regard's
> Anish


http://cens.ioc.ee/~pearu/scipy/BUILD_WIN32.html
may help you.

Do you really want a cygwin based installation ?
You could download enthoughts python edition which
includes lots of math stuff.

Greetings, Uwe
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Anish Chapagain
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2008
On Sep 3, 12:39*pm, Uwe Schmitt <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 3 Sep., 11:42, "chapagainanish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi!!
> > I'm having installation problem for installing numpy and scipy in
> > Cygwin for Python, and am obstruct in madway for project, i followed
> > scipy.org guidelines but there's few error thrown as
> > * * * * failed..with exit status 1

>
> > please if someone has installed these module help me
> > thank's and regard's
> > Anish

>
> http://cens.ioc.ee/~pearu/scipy/BUILD_WIN32.html
> may help you.
>
> Do you really want a cygwin based installation ?
> You could download enthoughts python edition which
> includes lots of math stuff.
>
> Greetings, Uwe


Hi,
thank's i'm looking through the link cens.ioc.ee
and am in need of using matplotlib and to run few system call, so i
installed cygwin baically for system call in linux/unix and matplotlib
for GUI(graph,chart) but matplotlib is not getting installed in
cygwin..

any further help will be heartly accepted

thank's
anish
 
Reply With Quote
 
Diez B. Roggisch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2008
Anish Chapagain schrieb:
> On Sep 3, 12:39 pm, Uwe Schmitt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> On 3 Sep., 11:42, "chapagainanish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!!
>>> I'm having installation problem for installing numpy and scipy in
>>> Cygwin for Python, and am obstruct in madway for project, i followed
>>> scipy.org guidelines but there's few error thrown as
>>> failed..with exit status 1
>>> please if someone has installed these module help me
>>> thank's and regard's
>>> Anish

>> http://cens.ioc.ee/~pearu/scipy/BUILD_WIN32.html
>> may help you.
>>
>> Do you really want a cygwin based installation ?
>> You could download enthoughts python edition which
>> includes lots of math stuff.
>>
>> Greetings, Uwe

>
> Hi,
> thank's i'm looking through the link cens.ioc.ee
> and am in need of using matplotlib and to run few system call, so i
> installed cygwin baically for system call in linux/unix and matplotlib
> for GUI(graph,chart) but matplotlib is not getting installed in
> cygwin..


What are "system calls"? You *have* windows, so in the end you can do
everything with "normal" python. And I presume that your codebase is by
far smaller that matplotlibs, so adapting your source is easier than
theirs.

Diez
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
git_revision issues with scipy/numpy/matplotlib Stephen Webb Python 3 07-07-2012 03:57 PM
Installing numpy over an older numpy Tom Kacvinsky Python 1 06-15-2012 07:15 PM
Installing NumPy and SciPy in Python 2.6 Vicent Giner Python 1 11-28-2008 09:09 PM
trouble installing numpy 1.0.2 and scipy.0.5.2 1960_j@operamail.com Python 1 06-24-2007 01:36 AM
python,win32com,scipy and vb 6 : no module named scipy vml Python 3 05-03-2007 07:57 AM



Advertisments