Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Access token usb

Access token usb

Francesco

Hi everybody
I have to access by java to a token usb (PKCS11) to see if it's
connected or not ...
I've got the productor-dll but I'm not able to make it worked because
I've passed for JNI so Make my Dll....
Is there any other solution?
Thanks all
Jean

Roedy Green

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:14:34 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
said :

>I have to access by java to a token usb (PKCS11) to see if it's
>connected or not ...
>I've got the productor-dll but I'm not able to make it worked because
>I've passed for JNI so Make my Dll....
>Is there any other solution?
>Thanks all

Java has a PKCS#11 interface, see
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/te.../p11guide.html
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Francesco

On 3 Set, 14:21, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:14:34 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
> said :
>
> >I have to access by java to a token usb (PKCS11) to see if it's
> >connected or not ...
> >I've got the productor-dll but I'm not able to make it worked because
> >I've passed for JNI so Make my Dll....
> >Is there any other solution?
> >Thanks all

> Java has a PKCS#11 interface, seehttp://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide....
> --
>
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
my tokenUsb...
I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

Roedy Green

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
said :

>This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
>my tokenUsb...
>I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI. What
brand/model of token are you using? I am curious about this because I
would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
files. See http://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html

--

On 3 Set, 16:39, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
> said :
>
> >This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
> >my tokenUsb...
> >I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

> I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
> PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI. *What
> brand/model of token are you using? *I am curious about this because I
> would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
> files. *Seehttp://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html
>
> --
>
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

I have a dll (writen c by the productor of the token)... But I can't
connect to it...

Francesco

On 3 Set, 16:39, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
> said :
>
> >This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
> >my tokenUsb...
> >I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

> I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
> PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI. *What
> brand/model of token are you using? *I am curious about this because I
> would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
> files. *Seehttp://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html
>
> --
>
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

Roedy Green

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:59:23 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
said :

>Their main competitor, SafeNet (iKey) might have a Java interface. The
>iKey 1000 had one, but it has since been cracked, so it is not secure
>now.

I have been talking with the iKey people. They don't just post info.
They want you to talk to sales people. I have done that and am
awaiting talking to a tech.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:59:17 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
said :

>I have a dll (writen c by the productor of the token)... But I can't
>connect to it...

If anyone is to help you they need to read the docs. Who is the
producer of the token? Where can you read up on the C interface?
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:00:19 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
said :

>I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

the eToken PRO USB?
--

said :

>I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

A have ordered the SDK. Perhaps then I can have a look. How much are
the tokens?