Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: iFrame Problem (simple?)

Re: iFrame Problem (simple?)

J.O. Aho

Wings wrote:
> <form>
> <input type="text" name="newLocation" size="20"><input type="button"
> value="SEARCH GOOGLE" name="btnGo"
> onclick="window.location.href='http://www.google.com/search?q=' +
> newLocation.value" onclick=">
> </form>
>
> I use the above form (found it here, I believe, long ago), to bring up a
> Google search window. Now I want to move it to a page I display in an
> iFrame. The problem is, the displayed iFrame is very narrow, and the Google
> results are like looking thru a keyhole. TARGET="_blank" seems to work
> nowhere. Note that I'm not a very good coder, and referring me to DIV, or
> whatever, is probably a waste of time. Is there a simple way to have the
> Google search results appear in a new window? (Windows XP) Thanks in
> advance.

Why not just use a simple javascriptless form?
It wll also work for more users by default (javascript are more and more
disabled by users).

This is how the google form once in the time looked like:

<form name="google" method="get" action="http://www.google.com/search"
accept-charset="utf-8"><input
type="text" name="q" size="25" maxlength="255" value=""> <input
value="Google Search" name="sa" type="submit">
<input value="0" name="filter" type="hidden"></form>

Here the form will take target values.
--

//Aho