Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > And the new kid on the block...

And the new kid on the block...

faerber.jan@gmail.com

On 2 Sep., 18:28, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> * * *Is the information in that page available somewhere in a
> * * *readable format?

Just tried to print the first saved 1.jpg file with Microsoft Office
Document Image Writer, then to open it with Microsoft Office Document
Imaging and send the text to a word document.

But the result is not so good. Here the first bubble:

-ToDAy MOST
DAY«TO«DAY IIASIS AREr4 T
jU5TWPA45‘HflRL
APPUCA11ONS

Probably it also won't work to change the 1.jpg to a 1.pdf and then to
use a pdf2word converter.

Maybe you can find a homeworker who types the 40(?) pages into text

Cheeriou
Jan

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2008-09-03, Travis Newbury wrote:
> On Sep 3, 3:49*am, "+mrcakey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Minus 20 points for being COMPLETELY inaccessible.

> Jeeze what a bunch of whiny little kids.

Is that any way to regard an audience? Is that how you react to
criticism of your own unreadable pages? No concern that you are
driving people away?

> Every one of you could have read it if you wanted to.

I'm sure most did. And they didn't like the experience.

> You might have been slightly inconvenienced for a few minutes, but
> you could have read it if you wanted to.

"Slightly inconvenienced" was 20 minutes of constant maneuvering to
read something that could have been read in 5 minutes if it had
been presented sensibly.

Author:

Travis Newbury

On Sep 3, 3:52*pm, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> * *"Slightly inconvenienced" was 20 minutes of constant maneuvering to
> * *read something that could have been read in 5 minutes if it had
> * *been presented sensibly.

Yes, it could have been much done better. But I do consider your
experience slightly inconvenienced.

--
Travis
Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

Jonathan N. Little

mr rudeforth wrote:
> "Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> mr rudeforth wrote:
>>> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> i only have xp service pack 1 on my computer

>> Umm, why?
>>

> chrome needs service pack 2 or higher
>
> i didnt upgrade because of all the related issues/problems etc that came
> along with it at the time
> and... because i never had, and still have never had, any problems i never
> concerned myself with getting the upgrade

Pssst: WinXp is currently at service patch 3 now....

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Bergamot <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> I also find it interesting that it defaults to
>> white, as my window background color is pale blue - not white.

> Chrome isn't the only browser that doesn't use system settings or
> native widgets. Windows Safari certainly doesn't, for anything. Gecko
> does for some things, not for others. Opera doesn't for any form
> controls, at least.

I think it's pretty amuzing when someone is looking at their site on my
system, and notices all the small images with a white background showing up
like sore thumbs on my pale blue background (Opera).

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Jonathan N. Little

mr rudeforth wrote:

>>> concerned myself with getting the upgrade

>> Pssst: WinXp is currently at service patch 3 now....
>>

> i know, i am also aware of the legitimacy of my copy of windows/xp etc

'nuf said

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

New releases: Blade: The Series, Pride Of The Yankees & Heartbreak Kid: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 12-11-2007 09:04 AM
New Kid in the Block ashu C++ 3 10-17-2005 03:16 PM
Has a new Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid come out? Zontar DVD Video 1 05-11-2004 09:33 PM
Has a new Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid come out? Zontar DVD Video 0 05-11-2004 08:41 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE, HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET: THE COMPLETE SEASONS 1 AND 2, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 08-04-2003 09:05 AM

Advertisments