Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > HELP Needed! Unusual Mouse Function

HELP Needed! Unusual Mouse Function

Vic

I need help to solve this annoying problem.

I used to be able to open 'Local Disk (C' in 'My Computer' by doubling
clicking my mouse on the icon of 'Local Disk (C' which will bring me to the
location of the files in that location.

Unfortunately it does not work now but instead it will open the 'Search
Result'. I have to right click my mouse and point to 'Open' to open 'Local
Disk (C'. When I right click the mouse, the first item that appear in the
drop down list is 'Search...' followed by 'Open' and 'Explore' and others.

When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete reprogramming.

Could some one offer any help?

Joseph Butler

If you have a virus on your computer I recommend that you download some
antivirus software from this location:

http://free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe

the anti-virus software is free and is very effective. After install, run an
update, then disconnect your computer from the internet and run a complete
virus scan on all drives in your computer. Restart your computer and run
another scan and cleanup any new viruses that you may find.

"Vic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need help to solve this annoying problem.
>
> I used to be able to open 'Local Disk (C' in 'My Computer' by doubling
> clicking my mouse on the icon of 'Local Disk (C' which will bring me to
> the
> location of the files in that location.
>
> Unfortunately it does not work now but instead it will open the 'Search
> Result'. I have to right click my mouse and point to 'Open' to open
> 'Local
> Disk (C'. When I right click the mouse, the first item that appear in
> the
> drop down list is 'Search...' followed by 'Open' and 'Explore' and others.
>
> When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
> computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
> reprogramming.
>
> Could some one offer any help?

Joseph Butler

If you have a virus on your computer I recommend that you download some
antivirus software from this location:

http://free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe

the anti-virus software is free and is very effective. After install, run an
update, then disconnect your computer from the internet and run a complete
virus scan on all drives in your computer. Restart your computer and run
another scan and cleanup any new viruses that you may find.

"Vic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need help to solve this annoying problem.
>
> I used to be able to open 'Local Disk (C' in 'My Computer' by doubling
> clicking my mouse on the icon of 'Local Disk (C' which will bring me to
> the
> location of the files in that location.
>
> Unfortunately it does not work now but instead it will open the 'Search
> Result'. I have to right click my mouse and point to 'Open' to open
> 'Local
> Disk (C'. When I right click the mouse, the first item that appear in
> the
> drop down list is 'Search...' followed by 'Open' and 'Explore' and others.
>
> When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
> computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
> reprogramming.
>
> Could some one offer any help?

TBone

And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)>
did cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

> When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of
> my computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
> reprogramming.
>
> Could some one offer any help?

Yes, stay far away from any computer shop that would try and sell you on
such bunk. Its impossible for your motherboard to be infected by a
virus.

Your hard drive on the other hand, might be possible. AVG is good as
someone suggested, or buy some anti-virus software at a store, because
there are too many rip-offs online to try and find one without some
recommendations. Even if it isn't a virus cuasing the problem, you
shouldn't be running your computer on the internet without anti-virus
software anyway.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

TBone

And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)>
did cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

> When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of
> my computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
> reprogramming.
>
> Could some one offer any help?

Yes, stay far away from any computer shop that would try and sell you on
such bunk. Its impossible for your motherboard to be infected by a
virus.

Your hard drive on the other hand, might be possible. AVG is good as
someone suggested, or buy some anti-virus software at a store, because
there are too many rip-offs online to try and find one without some
recommendations. Even if it isn't a virus cuasing the problem, you
shouldn't be running your computer on the internet without anti-virus
software anyway.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

John R

"Vic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need help to solve this annoying problem.
>
> I used to be able to open 'Local Disk (C' in 'My Computer' by doubling
> clicking my mouse on the icon of 'Local Disk (C' which will bring me to
> the
> location of the files in that location.
>
> Unfortunately it does not work now but instead it will open the 'Search
> Result'. I have to right click my mouse and point to 'Open' to open
> 'Local
> Disk (C'. When I right click the mouse, the first item that appear in
> the
> drop down list is 'Search...' followed by 'Open' and 'Explore' and others.
>
> When I sent it to a computer shop, I was told that the motherboard of my
> computer has been infected by a virus and it need a complete
> reprogramming.
>
> Could some one offer any help?

Not that this question even deserves an answer here, maybe in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.something, but have you tried using a different
mouse? Or, maybe even deleting the existing mouse device and let windows
re-detect it? Or, go into mouse properties in control panel and see what
your button is assigned to?

And, it would be a far stretch to believe that a virus downloaded your bios
code, modified it, and then flashed the bios to upload it again. I agree
that I probably wouldn't go there again, for anything.

John R

John R