Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: clear enters mobile market in nz....an old but free phone....

Re: clear enters mobile market in nz....an old but free phone....

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4675596a28.html

Might be interesting if they didn't insist on having your broadband and
landline too. I'm not about to tranfer *three* things I reply on to a *new*
company, an unknown quantity, to save a few bucks. It's not like I spend
more than ~$3/month on my prepay phone anyway so for me it'd actually cost
more..

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:
>>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4675596a28.html

>> Might be interesting if they didn't insist on having your broadband
>> and landline too. I'm not about to tranfer *three* things I reply on
>> to a *new* company, an unknown quantity, to save a few bucks. It's
>> not like I spend more than ~$3/month on my prepay phone anyway so
>> for me it'd actually cost more..

> Last month I added to my pre-pay (either $20 or $25) first time since
> november...I dont use it much either...it would be a bit of a
> luxury...

Vodafone had a promotion about three months back, 20% extra 'free' if you
top-up using a credit card. I still had ~$18 credit from my previous top-up
and got another $40. I still have <just checking> $59.60 credit now. I
rarely use my phone to call out but taxt now and then. I'm at home most of
the time and have my tolls with with Actrix and it 'only' costs me $0.32 a
minute to call a NZ cell, far cheaper than using my vodafone phone.

At this rate I'll have to put another $20 credit on my phone next year
before my current credit expires. In fact I've used my cell a couple times
of late simply because I have credit that I need to use up.

TTFN,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing2" typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:
>>> Last month I added to my pre-pay (either $20 or $25) first time
>>> since november...I dont use it much either...it would be a bit of a
>>> luxury...

>> Vodafone had a promotion about three months back, 20% extra 'free'
>> if you top-up using a credit card.

> and now they can link your credit (card) details to the pre-pay
> number...I wonder when cynical becomes paranoid...
>
> ;]

I know... Still, the way things are going this sort of thing is becoming
increasingly common. Two things, they already had my card details anyway as
it's the easiest way to top up (and never leave home!). The other thing is,
although one would think that Vodafone could be trusted with such info, they
only have my debit card details anyway. The most I stand to lose is a weeks
stipend, and that's only if they get it just right as rent goes out that
night.

Also, it wasn't a 'disposable' phone, I'd already registered it in my name
so they had most everything they could require about me anyway. ;-/