Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Video card recommendation

Video card recommendation

Roedy Green

What would you recommend for a video card.
1 DVI-D output
2. can drive two monitors
3. works well with Java
4. relatively bug free drivers with Vista and Ubuntu
5. under $200
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Andrew Thompson

On Aug 30, 3:51*pm, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> What would you recommend for a video card. *
> 3. works well with Java

Hmm.. A recent thread* on making really fast rendering
code in Java (major contributors Knute J. and Daniele
F.) convinced me that if you want to develop rendering
code meant to run on 'any average old computer' you are
better off going for an old video card with broken drivers,
as that gives a better chance of showing how the code
will appear for the average end-user.

The difference in frame rendering rates between the
three testing machines was phenomenal.

*
<http://groups.google.com.au/group/co...va.programmer/
browse_frm/thread/ab0ad3c5a7458fa3/e838970c4c29cc4c>

--
Andrew Thompson
http://pscode.org/

Andrew Thompson

On Sep 1, 7:33*pm, Sabine Dinis Blochberger <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Andrew Thompson wrote:

> > The difference in frame rendering rates between the
> > three testing machines was phenomenal.

> > *
> > <http://groups.google.com.au/group/co...va.programmer/
> > browse frm/thread/ab0ad3c5a7458fa3/e838970c4c29cc4c>

> I can't get that link to work, ..

Try this (shorter) URL to the "MultipleGradientPaint
example code" thread at the Sun forums..
<http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5297524>
It was a thread conducted across 2 forums, each
thread contains a link to the other.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://pscode.org/