Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Gaming > what hapened to the clasics

what hapened to the clasics

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

How can you call yourself a techie? Every Techie should know computers started with the home console type PCs, even the first apples where pritty much consoles. Then the atari's came about.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i started with a 486 and moved straight to a p2 ... man such an update was nexcesary

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Uh, actually, Atari came before Apple, just needed to clarify that fact. And none of them were anything related to consoles. Unless you're talking about the Atari 2600 but that was just a console game system. The only system that ever came close to merging the ideas of a home computer and a console was the Coleco Adam.

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

ya ya... but if you think about it, Consoles are just PC's with Custom OS's. So I was just using that logic in reverse...

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

stop Confusing me... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH *covers ears...* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Of course all consoles are computers, no arguement there.
I just played the new Star Wars Episode III game on my brother in law's PS2, I want a PS2 now, BAD!!! That game was fun! And I wanna play Midnight Club III Dub Edition and NFS:SA too. I also wanna play Halo 2 but that's on the XBox and I can't get both consoles. Darnit!

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

lol why not... after all u do have a inet connection

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modfather
NFS:SA
I must have missed that one The only games I play on my ps2 are racing ones. I've got Flat Out, NFSU2, GT4, and Richard Burns Rally. Richard Burns, or Dick Burns as it can be shortened to, has some mad crash physics. When you first start playing it, you won't make it through the track. Generally the top speed of any track won't be over 160km/h, with a few exceptions. If you floor it, you're gone.

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

Mod, im pritty sure all those games are avalible on XboX, While im not a fan of M$ work, I do like their console (with some modifications, that i have done to mine ).

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Oopsie, I meant GTA:SA, not NFS.
As for the Xbox, I know, I'd love to have one of them too but I can bum games from my sister for the PS2 to play and it'd cost less.