Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Looking for files in wrong directory

Looking for files in wrong directory

Poul Dam

Hi

Setup:

Windows 2003 Server
Exchange 2003 Server
..NET framework 1.1

I have created an ASP.NET web application and registered
it as the application to use when opening messages from
the Exchange store. This works very well and the
application can read the message's various properties.
However, when I push a button in the web application that
results in a postback to the server, I get the following
message in the browser:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------
Access denied to '\\.\BackOfficeStorage\MyServer\Public
Folders\My folder\Charlie\web.config'. Failed to start
monitoring file changes.

The file that is missing can be anything (e.g an aspx
file), depending on the button pressed in the web
application.

My question is, why does it look for the web application
files in the Exchange message store (i.e. from where the
application is launched) and not where the files really
reside?

/ Thanks in advance
Poul Dam
Systems Engineer
Systematic Software Engineering

Natty Gur

Hi,

Its security issue. server 2003 has very tight security rules. the user
that activate asp.net (IIS_wpg) dont have rights to access Exchange .

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Poul Dam

Hi!

Thanks for the answer, but I do not think that rights is
the problem here. The problem is that it is looking for
the web application files in the wrong directory -- the
message store, from where the application is launched by
double-clicking a message in OWA -- instead of where the
web app is installed.

/ Poul Dam

***
>.

Natty Gur

Hi,

every time that i saw "Access denied" it was security issue. try to
change the anonymous user to administrator JUST TO CHECK if its realy
security issue.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana