Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Breaking off the PDC to become a PDC. Please Help!

Breaking off the PDC to become a PDC. Please Help!

chary chary is offline
Junior Member

Our business is splitting into two seperate domains and will no longer associate with eachother. What is the best way to do a demotion of our AD/DC? I have come up with a couple of plans but not sure which one would be more efficient and will one will be successful.

The current PDC is located out of state at our other site, it is also used to route SMTP over to our DC. We are running on Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 and we all have our own OU in AD. We will also need to find a way to have emails forwarded to us to our new domain name once we are disconnected from the PDC.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, or has anyone gone through this process before?

I also came across this tool call AD Rename. Has anyone tried this?