Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Problems

Wireless Problems

kamaehu.smoothremedy@gmail.com

Hello all,

I have a very annoying dillema. So I have a wireless network that my
laptop (XP) hooks up to. I am getting signals for the router, but my
laptop doesn't seem to be actually recieving the signal. How can do I
put it, my laptop says there are signals being sent but like only one
is recieved every 2 or 3 min. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Regards,

Kamaehu

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Maybe this can Help.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>
> I have a very annoying dillema. So I have a wireless network that my
> laptop (XP) hooks up to. I am getting signals for the router, but my
> laptop doesn't seem to be actually recieving the signal. How can do I
> put it, my laptop says there are signals being sent but like only one
> is recieved every 2 or 3 min. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you
>
> Regards,
>
> Kamaehu

smlunatick

On Aug 29, 8:55*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a very annoying dillema. *So I have a wireless network that my
> laptop (XP) hooks up to. *I am getting signals for the router, but my
> laptop doesn't seem to be actually recieving the signal. *How can do I
> put it, my laptop says there are signals being sent but like only one
> is recieved every 2 or 3 min. *Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you
>
> Regards,
>
> Kamaehu

What makes you think you are not receiving the signals? Wireless
adapters have advanced settings that you can set up to control the
"poll" time.

What problem are you experiencing?