Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > help... Pc shuts down/ hibernates on startup

help... Pc shuts down/ hibernates on startup

hansraj hansraj is offline
Junior Member

guys.. I am using task scheduler for automating the downloads at night. To switch on/off the pc i use auto power on and shutdown.
To hibernate at 0805 in morning, i again use "autopower on and shutdown" application. Also i have enabled hibernation at 0815 directly through task scheduler (a batch file). Now the problem is when i restart my pc at anytime after this automated hibernation (when autopower on and shutdown has hibernated at 0805 then only) the pc again scans through the scheduled tasks and again hibernates it. so basically I have to restart twice for my pc to be on.

The elaborate details are as follows. lets say i want to start my pc at 1200 hrs after the automated hibernation at 0805. now as soon as pc starts at 1201 approx, the pc again hibernates because of scheduler. Now i have to again restart at 1202. Now on checking the task scheduler after this restart it shows the last run time of "hibernate job" ,which was scheduled for 0815 hrs in morning, as 1201 hrs!!!! This means the task scheduler runs the job even at 1201 whereas i wanted it to run at 0815 only but not anytime after that time.
I think guys can find a solution to my prob!!!!

NOte: I dont want to remove the option of hibernation from task scheduler as sometimes autopower on and shutdown doesnt start and thus i will be left with no stand by means of hibernation.