Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > create web form in sub dir

create web form in sub dir

martin

Hi,

this is going to sound amazingly stupid but I have to ask.

whenever I create a new webform in visual studio, it always wants to save
the form in the root directory.
This makes it hard to create files in sub directories withe the same name.

for example if I hace default.aspx created in my root directory and then I
want to create a new webform called default.aspx in a directory called
"admin" which is immediatly sub ordinate to my root dir, VS always create it
in the root directory.

Admittedly, it always asks me if I want to overwrite the file

I find it strang that selecting Project | Add new Item does not have a
browse feature to navigate to the directory of choice.

any help is appreciated.

cheers

martin.

William Sempf

Right click on the folder where you want the file created and select "Add /
Add Web Form..."

-------
William A. Sempf MCP, CIBS, CIW
POINT Senior Technology Consultant
www.pointweb.net

"martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> this is going to sound amazingly stupid but I have to ask.
>
> whenever I create a new webform in visual studio, it always wants to save
> the form in the root directory.
> This makes it hard to create files in sub directories withe the same name.

[snip]

Yusuf D M

hi,

You can create Folders in your solution from VS.NET. Then right click on the
newly created folder and select Add new web form. In this way you can
organize files in sub folders for VS.NET Project

--
Regards,

Yusuf D M

"martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> this is going to sound amazingly stupid but I have to ask.
>
> whenever I create a new webform in visual studio, it always wants to save
> the form in the root directory.
> This makes it hard to create files in sub directories withe the same name.
>
> for example if I hace default.aspx created in my root directory and then I
> want to create a new webform called default.aspx in a directory called
> "admin" which is immediatly sub ordinate to my root dir, VS always create

it
> in the root directory.
>
> Admittedly, it always asks me if I want to overwrite the file
>
> I find it strang that selecting Project | Add new Item does not have a
> browse feature to navigate to the directory of choice.
>
> any help is appreciated.
>
> cheers
>
> martin.

martin