Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > File Type Settings

File Type Settings

pnrobb

Can anyone explain why the changes I make to settings for certain file types
revert to their original settings. Specifically, I uncheck DDE on
URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol, but it doesn't remain unchecked. Thanks.

Tony Sperling

If I understand this correctly - you cannot selectively deselect DDE for
items you may wish for. With a bit of digging under the hood of the OS, you
should (I understand) be able to completely turn off the feature - which
essentially would be the equivalent of undermining the entire safety system
that modern Windows versions are built upon.

Pay a visit to the MS Knowledge Base and you should find some good articles
on the subject, and our own Charlie's Blog may have something to say about
it too?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...