Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Error code on Boot up.

Error code on Boot up.

jon

On booting my PC we are getting the error
PPY disk error (40)

To continue we press F1

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Jon

Ragnar

Google for "How to repair Error 40"
HTH
R.

"jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48b67820$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On booting my PC we are getting the error
> PPY disk error (40)
>
> To continue we press F1
>
> Does anyone know what this means?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

jon

No luck.
Tried all sorts of searches and found nothing.

Any idea what PPY is/means?

My hard disk is now no good but I get this error on boot up without this
disk connected as well and I have also disconnected the floppy and cd/DVD
drives.

Thanks

Jon

"Ragnar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GdAtk.131387$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Google for "How to repair Error 40"
> HTH
> R.
>

> "jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:48b67820$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On booting my PC we are getting the error
>> PPY disk error (40)
>>
>> To continue we press F1
>>
>> Does anyone know what this means?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jon

Paul

jon wrote:
> No luck.
> Tried all sorts of searches and found nothing.
>
> Any idea what PPY is/means?
>
> My hard disk is now no good but I get this error on boot up without this
> disk connected as well and I have also disconnected the floppy and cd/DVD
> drives.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

PPY disk error (40) = FLOPPY disk error... ?
Maybe the letters "FLO" got thrown away.

I'd go into the BIOS and disable the floppy controller,
or have a look at the settings being used. On some older
motherboards, there can be options for different kinds of
floppy drives.

Paul