Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How come Python software, tools and libraries is so good? A hug toGvr and the Python community!

How come Python software, tools and libraries is so good? A hug toGvr and the Python community!

cnb

I have been testing different tools for cvs, math etc and I am
constantly amazed how many great tools and libraries there are for
Python.
SAGE, Mercurial as 2 outstanding tools and there a re excellent
libraries fro anything you want, natural language processing, any kind
of parsing, math, simulation, neural networks, genetic algorithms,
data visualization etc.

And everythign just works, download and go!

Is this a consequense of the language being so intuitive and easy to
use and superwell documented? This then affects how people write code
and what programmers are attracted in the first place.

Being a bit of a fanboy here but I have never experinced such a
satisfaction with a language before.

Sure it can get better(I won't take that up in this thread do) but in
general I want to give a big hug to GvR and the Python community.