Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using Python to shared memory resources between Linux and Windows

Using Python to shared memory resources between Linux and Windows

Blubaugh, David A.

To All,

I was wondering if it was possible to utilize python to share a memory
resource between a linux and windows system?? It should be stated that
both the Linux (CENTOS 5) and windows are physically located on the same
computer. Is any of this possible?

Thanks,

David Blubaugh

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the
message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in
correcting this error is appreciated.

Diez B. Roggisch

Blubaugh, David A. schrieb:
> To All,

To whom else if I may ask?

> I was wondering if it was possible to utilize python to share a memory
> resource between a linux and windows system?? It should be stated that
> both the Linux (CENTOS 5) and windows are physically located on the same
> computer. Is any of this possible?

No, not as that. You can use IPC-mechanisums such as XMLRPC, CORBA or
Pyro. But software such as VMWare or VirtualBox tries hard to *not* let
guest and host os influence each other.

Diez

Blubaugh, David A.

Diez,

What you have said is extremely concerning.
I am now using VMware. With Linux as the Master and windows as the
guest operating system. I was wondering if you have ever had to develop
a share memory resource between Linux and windows within a Vmware setup?

Thanks for the help. I will not be forgotten,

David Blubaugh

Blubaugh, David A. schrieb:
> Diez,
>
> What you have said is extremely concerning.
> I am now using VMware. With Linux as the Master and windows as the
> guest operating system. I was wondering if you have ever had to develop
> a share memory resource between Linux and windows within a Vmware setup?

There is no such thing. As I said, the two systems are isolated. For
programming purposes, consider your setup being two distinct machines.

Diez