Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless and wired network

Wireless and wired network

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBHcmFoYW0=?=

Hi

I have two PC's (using Linksys USB wireless-G) a laptop and a handheld PC
sharing a Linksys WAG54G wireless internet setup. All works very well. The
topology of the network dictates the wireless router be situated in a room
away from the main computers.

My question, I have a third PC I would like to connect to the network but am
unable to route ethernet cables to the wireless router.

Without buying a third USB wireless unit, is it possible to connect the
third PC to one of the other wireless PCs (which all have redundant network
cards) ?

Paul

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpbnRpbg==?=

Me thinks you need a router for the connection. Although you can run it
ad-hoc, which is what i think you are trying to do.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...hernet&spell=1

these two places should help you with it

Also try out Network Magic

Good luck

Cheers

Quintin