Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > landline termination charge.

landline termination charge.

Steve Terry

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g96pc3$fip$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "André Tuytschaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Graham. a écrit :
>>> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Another ploy they use is not allowing you to sign up for a second
>>> product using the same paypal account as you used to sign up
>>> previously. You get an instant refund if you try.
>>> The simple solution is to create a new Paypal account!

>> I signed up for several products using the same credit card with no
>> problems.

> I don't generally use my credit card directly on-line.
> Mind you, I have heard some horror storeys about
> Paypal.

Paypal has been good for me, as long as you check that
the person is "Authorised" which mean their credit card
details match their address.
In which case PayPal will insure the payment

Steve Terry

André Tuytschaver

Graham. a écrit :
> "André Tuytschaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Graham. a écrit :
>>> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Another ploy they use is not allowing you to sign up for a second
>>> product using the same paypal account as you used to sign up
>>> previously. You get an instant refund if you try.
>>> The simple solution is to create a new Paypal account!

>> I signed up for several products using the same credit card with no
>> problems.

> I don't generally use my credit card directly on-line.
> Mind you, I have heard some horror storeys about
> Paypal.

> By the way, if you pay Betamax using a credit card,
> do they charge a 50c admin charge?

Yes.

--
Cordialement,
________________

__o
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Graham.

"André Tuytschaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Graham. a écrit :
>> "André Tuytschaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I signed up for several products using the same credit card with no
>>> problems.

>> I don't generally use my credit card directly on-line.
>> Mind you, I have heard some horror storeys about
>> Paypal.

>> By the way, if you pay Betamax using a credit card,
>> do they charge a 50c admin charge?

> Yes.

So is there any way one can pay Betamax the advertised
price of 10 euros rather than 10.50?
(I suspect I know the answer).

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Mark

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:42:50 GMT, default <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:16:10 +0100, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>Yes, they basically rely on a decent up-front cash-flow plus the
>>average person's inertia not to change service provider once signed
>>up. (=laziness not bothering to re-check tariffs as time goes by).

>OK but while I may barely notice if mobile calls go from 4p to 5p per
>minute; I will certainly notice if UK landline calls go from 0p per
>minure with 0p connection, to something higher (eg 1p per minute + 5p
>conection).
>
>It seems the question of what is the "real" wholesale cost of
>terminating a call to a UK landline is shrouded in mystery

It's not a mystery at all AFAICS.

It's clearly volume dependent, but the price is in the order of
0.5p/minute (as R. Mark Clayton has already stated) and the margin on
that is pretty small so the actual cost isn't far behind.