Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help: loosing connection with router while downloading

Help: loosing connection with router while downloading

CommiC

Hi,
I've set up a great wireless connection to my router, but when I'm
downloading several files with P2P, going at lightning speeds of up to
700 KiB/s, every 10 minutes the connection to my router is lost.
I have to enter the SSID every time and reconnect, after wich the
connection is set up again and download resumed.
What setting to I have to change in order to solve this?

TX

Chris Gual [MSFT]

Hi,

Some important information to help solve your problem would be the OS
you are using, the type of hardware for your access point and network
adapter. Also, are you using Microsofts client to configure your wireless
networks or are you using a client provided by the vendor of your wireless
adapter?

In general, you should be able to create a preferred network with your
wireless client. If you become disconnected from the wireless network, the
client should try to reconnect you as long as you are in range.

Thanks
Chris Gual [MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...