Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT mode fileopening

Difference between BINARY mode file opening and TEXT mode fileopening

manu

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
mode or in Text mode?

Barry Schwarz

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:12:41 -0700 (PDT), manu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
>mode or in Text mode?

Are you perhaps taking the same class as subramanian100in? In either
case, you can check the thread he (or she) started 8 hours earlier
with the subject "text and binary streams".

--
Remove del for email

Falcon Kirtaran

Keith Thompson

Falcon Kirtaran <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> manu wrote:
>> Can anyone please tell me the difference of opening file in Binary
>> mode or in Text mode?

> In any modern operating system I can think of, the distinction is
> completely archaic.

Top-posting corrected. See:
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/topposting.php

Perhaps your definition of "modern" excludes MS Windows, but there
definitely are systems where it makes a big difference.

And wny are you responding to an article that was posted last August?

Nokia

Falcon Kirtaran

CBFalconer

Falcon Kirtaran wrote:

.... snip ...

> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

.... snip ...

Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

Richard

CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
>>

> ... snip ...

>> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
>>
>> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

> ... snip ...
>
> Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an annoyance.

Just to remind you, you self important arse, you were posting with a
double sig for a long long time despite many of us asking you very
nicely to remove it and pointing you to a free news service.

--
I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
- Dennis Ritchie when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c

Default User

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> CBFalconer said:
>
> > Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
> >>

> > ... snip ...

> >> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
> >> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> >>
> >> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJJXt1EAAoJEKmxP9YxEE4rUUMQAL2P/pKoME4eMCy60AgSyyNy

> > ... snip ...
> >
> > Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an
> > annoyance.

> It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
> about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
> precisely, are you complaining about?

I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
standard signature separator.

Brian

Richard

"Default User" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>
>> CBFalconer said:
>>
>> > Falcon Kirtaran wrote:
>> >>
>> > ... snip ...

>> > ... snip ...
>> >
>> > Please remove this. It is purposeless on Usenet, and an
>> > annoyance.

>> It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
>> about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
>> precisely, are you complaining about?

> I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have the
> standard signature separator.
>

> Brian

Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

FWIW, I think signing posts to usenet is pretentious and silly too, but
for Falconer, of all people, to complain keeping in mind his posting
history is simply beyond belief.

--

Richard wrote:

> "Default User" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Richard Heathfield wrote:

> >> It's his sig block. Yes, it's over-long. Is that your complaint
> >> about it? If so, the complaint is hypocritical. If not, what,
> >> precisely, are you complaining about?

> > I didn't see the original message, but what's quoted doesn't have

> Try learning how to use a news reader then and find the OP.

I suspect that I didn't see if because I have the person killfiled.

> It was NOT his sig block. It was the PGP signature which rattled net
> busy body and general hypocrite CBF.

So you disagree with Mr. Heathfield.

Brian