Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Fetching middle rows from the database

Fetching middle rows from the database

geetha geetha is offline
Junior Member

I have a question, I would like to know how to fetch, in between rows from the table. Say for example, I have 1000 records in my table named employee. I would like to fetch the records between 500 and 600. How can I do that?

I read few forums and came to know that fetching top, bottom or middle rows from the table is meaningless unless we use orderby clause. Bcos there is no particular sequence available in the database.So if I use rownum pseudo column name to find top n bottom records using orderby clause.

Can somebody help me out with the answer on how to fetch the middle few hundreds of records.

Thanks.