Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Code verification

Code verification

ddg_linux

Hello guys,
I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
is following best practices.

I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
website
as I learn to follow my progress.

Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

Thanks again

ddg_linux

Hello again,
Sorry I forgot to post the address: http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php

Thanks again,

On Aug 23, 1:04*am, ddg_linux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
> is following best practices.
>
> I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
> website
> as I learn to follow my progress.
>
> Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.
>
> Thanks again

Mark A. Boyd

ddg_linux posted in alt.html:

> Hello again,
> Sorry I forgot to post the address:
> http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php
>
> On Aug 23, 1:04*am, ddg_linux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>> I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
>> is following best practices.
>>
>> I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
>> website
>> as I learn to follow my progress.
>>
>> Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.
>>
>> Thanks again

It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin'

cmconrad79@gmail.com

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:04:52 -0700 (PDT), ddg_linux
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello guys,
>I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
>is following best practices.
>
>I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
>website
>as I learn to follow my progress.
>
>Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.
>
>Thanks again

I ran your site through the W3C and there are 37 errors.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...2Fadmin-review

Cheers,
SQL

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2008-08-23, Mark A. Boyd wrote:
> ddg_linux posted in alt.html:
>
>> Hello again,
>> Sorry I forgot to post the address:
>> http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php
>>
>> On Aug 23, 1:04*am, ddg_linux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>> I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
>>> is following best practices.
>>>
>>> I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
>>> website
>>> as I learn to follow my progress.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

> It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
> At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

If changing hosts is not an option, leave out the </body> and

Author:

ddg_linux

On Aug 23, 5:44*am, SQL ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:04:52 -0700 (PDT), ddg_linux
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hello guys,
> >I am kinda new to this coding thing and would like to know if my code
> >is following best practices.

> >I am currently learning PHP so I have decided that I would create a
> >website
> >as I learn to follow my progress.

> >Please let me know if my source is valid or if I am missing something.

> >Thanks again

> I ran your site through the W3C and there are 37 errors.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...2Fwww.000webho....
>
> Cheers,
> SQL

Hello there, thank you for your response. I do realize that there are
a number of errors coming from
the validator. I think it is do to the fact that the host is adding
things to the bottom of the page,

I am thinking of changing hosts. Do you have a few suggestions on
what hosts would be good
for this type of project.

Thanks again for your response.

Cheers

ddg_linux

On Aug 23, 2:18*pm, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2008-08-23, Mark A. Boyd wrote:
>

> > ddg_linux posted in alt.html:

> >> Hello again,
> >> Sorry I forgot to post the address:
> >>http://dgsworld.net78.net/php_scripts.php

> > It seems your host is putting a bunch of junk after the closing HTML tag.
> > At least, that's where I assume it came from. Not good.

> * * *If changing hosts is not an option, leave out the </body> and
> * * *</html> tags; they are optional (as are their opening tags).
>
> --
> * *Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster * * * * <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
> * *================================================== =================
> * *Author:
> * *Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)- Hide quoted text -

Hello there, thanks again for your post regarding the </body></html>
tags. I did update that page
to reflect those changes and was able to get the errors down to 3.
They are errors that have nothing
to do with the code that I wrote.

Do you have any good suggestions for hosts that will not add hidden
things to your page? How
are the hosts able to do this?

Thanks again