Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > TV Tuner Options?

TV Tuner Options?

Charlie Russel - MVP

A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
video card he bought for his son.

OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Carlos

Charlie.
I am not currently using these kind of cards, but here are some options:
http://www.kozumi-usa.com/KTV01c.html
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...cts/PCTV/PCTV/
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
> and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
> since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
> basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
> video card he bought for his son.
>
> OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Andy

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:45:43 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>video card he bought for his son.
>
>OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

FusionHDTV ATSC
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks, Carlos. On the Pinnacle site, it says no x64 yet, btw. Is there a
known solution that isn't posted?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie.
> I am not currently using these kind of cards, but here are some options:
> http://www.kozumi-usa.com/KTV01c.html
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...cts/PCTV/PCTV/
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>> and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>> since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>> basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>> video card he bought for his son.
>>
>> OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Andy" <1@2.3> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:45:43 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>>and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>>since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>>basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>>video card he bought for his son.
>>
>>OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

> FusionHDTV ATSC
> http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/

Tony Sperling

I have a ComPro DVB T300 that was not supported (XP x64) the last time I
looked - I think I heard somewhere that USB and PC-Card devices are more
likely to work???

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, Carlos. On the Pinnacle site, it says no x64 yet, btw. Is there a
> known solution that isn't posted?
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie.
> > I am not currently using these kind of cards, but here are some options:
> > http://www.kozumi-usa.com/KTV01c.html

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...cts/PCTV/PCTV/
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV

Tuners,
> >> and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask

here,
> >> since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options

are
> >> basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the

monster
> >> video card he bought for his son.
> >>
> >> OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect.

Thanks!

> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Barb Bowman

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...ners&os=64-bit

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>video card he bought for his son.
>
>OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks, Barb. But somehow, that model is no longer showing on the Pinnacle
site. Only their HD models are showing, and the support FAQ says no 64-bit.
Have you tried/confirmed that the newer HD models work? Or should he be
looking for the hybrid model listed here (which could well still be
around.)?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...ners&os=64-bit
>

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:45:43 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>>and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>>since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>>basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>>video card he bought for his son.
>>
>>OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

roman modic

Hello!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A friend was asking what the options were for 64-bit supported TV Tuners,
>and I said I didn't know because I'm a happy TiVo user. But I'd ask here,
>since I know a few of you have an interest in this area. His options are
>basically USB or PCI - the only free PCI-e slot is blocked by the monster
>video card he bought for his son.
>
> OS is Vista 64-bit, but could be XP x64 if necessary, I suspect. Thanks!

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html
Quote:
Currently, WinTV receivers used with the 64-bit version of the Vista Media
Center application are limited to less than 4GB of memory
WinTV CD 4.6b
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15341

"Products + 8GB RAM + 64-bit Vista - Test Results"
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14947

Regards, Roman

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks! And my friend down on the farm thanks you too.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...