Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > permissions

permissions

lbenn lbenn is offline
Junior Member

I am having an extremely difficult time trying to get 3 computers on a home network to communicate. I can see the computers in the workgroup but every time I try to access a file on one of the computers I get accessed denied and something about passwords. I have spent about six hours on this and I am totally confused. I need a step by step instruction. What is meant by computer name and user name. Which one is used to identify the computers in question? And how do I give and get permissions? I am using win xp pro. I remember doing this in win 98 and it was much easier. If I recall all you had to do was share each others hard drive.