Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 50D Specs

Canon 50D Specs

David Nebenzahl

On 8/24/2008 7:27 AM B÷wser spake thus:

> "David Nebenzahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:48afa782$0$31974$(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
>
>> On 8/22/2008 12:56 PM the_niner_nation spake thus:
>>
>>> "SMS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:9uErk.17470$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> it's definatly ON TOPIC..I have often shot 35mm with a DSLR.

>> No, you only think you have. 35mm is a film format. The DSLRs are 35mm
>> camera look-alikes. Just because they use some of the same lenses doesn't
>> make them 35mm cameras.

> 35mm is an arbitrary measurement, that's all you stupid ****. Now go away...

No, you stupid shithead: you act as if "35mm" is just some disembodied
arbitrary *number*, when in fact it is a well known *term* that refers
(by implication, not necessarily explicitly) to a certain size of
*film*, used in both still and motion picture cameras. "34mm" or "36mm"
would qualify as such an arbitrary number. But when one says "35mm", one
is assumed to be referring to 35mm *film* by the vast majority of people.

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".

SMS

Alan Browne wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>
>> One key thing in Thunderbird's news reader is to kill-file globally
>> rather than by individual newsgroup, as many of the problem posters
>> are posting on many different subjects in many different groups.

> Yep. And to not accidentally turn off the filter in the filters list
> (seems to happen easily in the Mac OS X version)

Thunderbird is rather annoying because adding an e-mail address or
subject words to the global filters takes several steps, unlike as in
outlook.

However global filtering a relatively small number of e-mail addresses
(in my case less than 100), and subject words, filters out (daily)
hundreds of useless, off-topic, and troll posts, in multiple groups. The
effort is well worth it (IMVAIO).

Noons

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 25/08/2008 3:10 AM:
> SMS wrote:
>
>> Read the charter.

> There is huge gulf between "reading" and "understanding" where some are
> concerned, unfortunately.

That much is blatantly clear.

Noons

Alfred Molon wrote,on my timestamp of 25/08/2008 2:40 AM:
> In article <g8ra56$ifv$(E-Mail Removed)>, Noons says...
>
>> Actually, they completely don't.
>> But don't let simple facts interfere
>> with your dreams.

> All right, TROLL. You have made it into my killfile.

<yaaawwwn>

Noons

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 24/08/2008 11:03 PM:

> is off topic in almost every newsgroup. In the early days of Usenet (and AFAIK
> it's still the case) special groups were set up for the discussion of what is
> and isn't on-topic. This was done precisely so that other newsgroups wouldn't
> get cluttered with arguments like this one. Find such a group, and go rant
> there to your heart's content.

Bullshit.

SMS

Alan Browne wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>> Alan Browne wrote:

>>> Yep. And to not accidentally turn off the filter in the filters list
>>> (seems to happen easily in the Mac OS X version)

>> Thunderbird is rather annoying because adding an e-mail address or
>> subject words to the global filters takes several steps, unlike as in
>> outlook.

> In Tb there is a "one shot" to add someone to filter ... but it creates
> a new filter rather than adding to an existing filter list.

I want to see a post, right click the e-mail address, and add it to a
global filter that covers all newsgroups. You can do this in Outlook,
you can't do it in Thunderbird. In Thunderbird you can right click and
add e-mail addresses to the filter list only for the group you're
reading at the time, and adding global filters is more time consuming.
It's okay to filter by newsgroup, but I really don't want to have to
create filters in multiple groups for people like "(E-Mail Removed)"
(Rita Berkowitz) and "(E-Mail Removed)" (David Nebenzahl); these
alleged people need to be put out of service no matter which group they
troll in.

Another feature of Outlook is that you can do a "Run Now" on the filters
for Usenet, but you can't do this in Thunderbird (you can do it for
e-mail, but not for Usenet).

SMS

Alan Browne wrote:

> Been around this twice now. For all its ills, TB is better for me and
> outlook is a PITA of extremes.

I use TB too, but it sure would be nice if they added a couple of
Outlook's news reader to TB.

Robert Coe

:
: > is off topic in almost every newsgroup. In the early days of Usenet (and
: > AFAIK it's still the case) special groups were set up for the discussion
: > of what is and isn't on-topic. This was done precisely so that other
: > newsgroups wouldn't get cluttered with arguments like this one. Find such
: > a group, and go rant there to your heart's content.
:
: Bullshit.

Thanks! If I didn't get that reaction from you, I'd probably conclude that I
hadn't made my point.

Bob

SneakyP

Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> SMS wrote:
>
>> One key thing in Thunderbird's news reader is to kill-file globally
>> rather than by individual newsgroup, as many of the problem posters are
>> posting on many different subjects in many different groups.

> Yep. And to not accidentally turn off the filter in the filters list
> (seems to happen easily in the Mac OS X version)

Screw the Thunderturd/Lookout news filter features.
Killfiling is easy if you aim your news reader to a hamster server.
Hamster fetches from the news server and will K/F-score on ANYTHING found
in the headers/body, globally or locally, regardless of local newsreader
features.

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)

SneakyP

Moose & Squirrel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> SMS wrote:
>
>> I want to see a post, right click the e-mail address, and add it to a
>> global filter that covers all newsgroups. You can do this in Outlook,
>> you can't do it in Thunderbird. In Thunderbird you can right click
>> and add e-mail addresses to the filter list only for the group you're
>> reading at the time, and adding global filters is more time
>> consuming. It's okay to filter by newsgroup, but I really don't want
>> to have to create filters in multiple groups for people like
>> "(E-Mail Removed)" (Rita Berkowitz) and "(E-Mail Removed)"
>> (David Nebenzahl); these alleged people need to be put out of service
>> no matter which group they troll in.
>>

> Get a copy of Xnews, which runs under windows, and IIRC can filter on
> Message ID, and be done with your list of keywords...email addresses
> and other such manipulations - just to improve the signal-to-noise
> ratio.
>

>> Another feature of Outlook is that you can do a "Run Now" on the
>> filters for Usenet, but you can't do this in Thunderbird (you can do
>> it for e-mail, but not for Usenet).
>>

> Neither App, is noted for its "filtering" capabilities. Just a
> suggestion... perhaps what you need is a more robust stand alone App
> that filters Newsgroups effectively, instead of a multifunction App
> that doesn't.
>

> - JT
> see my header info for links...

personally, I use Hamster if the s/n becomes too low. I can stick any
old filter/scorefile in and it will look for *anything* you want that
appears in the header (no matter where it is).

kill off all anonymous posts?

-999 Path: *!SEWEROUTPUT!

I don't have to use that here, as there's no point yet.